How Can You Help?
If you have a friend…
… that you know or suspect is experiencing abuse in their relationship:
- Be there to listen; be supportive.
- Let them know there are safe places they can go when they are scared or need to think things through.
- Be non-judgmental. Do not tell them to leave the relationship or ask why they keep going back. They have probably agonized over this many times.
- Do not add to their stress but respect their process. Making the decision to leave an abuser is a process and takes time.
- Suggest that they seek confidential help.
HAVEN depends on volunteers
Inform Yourself: Invite a HAVEN member to speak at your church, club or organization meetings.
Donate: Your time, services and dollars.
Tell: Your friends and relatives about HAVEN’s services.
Interested in Helping?
Call HAVEN if you are willing to help in the following ways:
- Provide transportation
- Provide pager coverage
- Monetary donations
- Monitor the legal system
- Assist with fund raising